- Define vocation
- Consider how God calls others to act
- Ask students if they have ever felt like they were called to do something or compelled to do something. Think Pair Share responses.
- Define Vocation. See the definition from Dictionary.com here.
After reading the section of the graphic novel where José is in church and learns about job opportunities in Canada, read the Biblical passage that is cited: Proverbs Verse 3, Lines 5-6. Discuss or have students write out their answers to the following questions:
- How do the images in the graphic novel reflect the meaning of the Proverbs passage?
- How do you know when you have received your calling from God? Discuss with a partner.
- Who are some celebrities that you think are working in their vocation? How do you know that it is a vocation for them?
- Have you received your vocation yet? Discuss why or why not.
Create a collage of famous individuals who you feel have been called by God to do work in His service. Use the internet to gather these images and paste them into a slideshow. Present your collage to the class.
- Be able to define and discuss the meaning of a vocation
- Spent time considering their own vocation